Latest CNC Shield Version 3.0 for Arduino.
GRBL 0.9 compatible. (Open source firmware that runs on an UNO for Arduino that turns G-code commands into stepper signals)
PWM Spindle and direction pins
4-Axis support (X, Y, Z , A-Can duplicate X,Y,Z or do a full 4th axis with custom firmware using pins D12 and D13)
2 x End stops for each axis (6 in total)
Uses removable A4988 or DRV8825 compatible stepper drivers
Jumpers to set the Micro-Stepping for the stepper drivers. (Some drivers like the DRV8825 can do up to 1/32 micro-stepping )
Stepper Motors can be connected with 4 pin molex connectors or soldered in place.
Runs on 12-36V DC. (At the moment only the DRV8825 drivers can handle up to 36V so please consider the operation voltage when powering the board.)
Please note that this is an unassembled kit and Basic soldering skills are needed.
The DRV8825 stepper motor driver carrier board TI DRV8825 micro bipolar stepper motor drive is a breakthrough. The module has a
pinout and interface with our A4988 stepper motor driver carrier is almost the same, so it can be used as a better
performance of the pull-down menu board replacement in many applications. DRV8825 features an adjustable current limit,
overcurrent and overtemperature protection, six micro- resolution (down 1/32-step). It uses 8.2 – 45 V, can provide up to about 1.5 per phase no heat sink or forced air flow (rated up to 2.2 per volume sufficient additional cooling).
2.Various type of steps resolutions: full step, half step, 1/4-step,1/8-step,1/16-step, 1/32-step
3.CAN interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
4. Over-temperature thermal shutdown, overcurrent shutdown, undervoltage lockout
5.short to ground short circuit load protection
6.4 Layer 2 oz copper PCB, in order to improve heat dissipation
7. exposed solder ground below the bottom of the driver IC on the printed circuit board pad
8. module size, pin and interface matching A4988 stepper motor driver operators in many ways
9. adjustable current control lets you set a potentiometer, which lets you use the stepper motor’s rated voltage or more,
in order to achieve a higher rate of maximum output current step
10. Intelligent chopping control automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
11. Maximum 45 V supply voltage
12. built-in voltage regulator (the need for any external logic supply voltage)
1 x CNC Shield Board
4 x DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver