This DRV8825 driver breakout board for TI’s DRV8825 micro-stepping bipolar stepper motor driver features adjustable current limiting, over-current and over-temperature protection, and six micro-step resolutions. DRV8825 driver operates from 8.2 V to 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (rated for up to 2.2 A per coil . The driver has a pinout and interface that are nearly identical to those of our A4988 stepper motor driver carriers, so it can be used as a higher-performance drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications.
- A simple steps and direction control interface.
- Six different steps resolutions: full step, half step, 1/4-step1/8-step1/16-step, 1/32-step.
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems.
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, overcurrent shutdown, undervoltage lockout.
- Short to ground short circuit load protection.
- 4 Layer 2 oz copper PCB, in order to improve heat dissipation.
- Exposed solder ground below the bottom of the driver IC on the printed circuit board pad.
- Module size, pin and interface matching A4988 stepper motor driver operators in many ways.
- Adjustable current control lets you set a potentiometer, which lets you use the stepper motor’s rated voltage or more, in order to achieve a higher rate of maximum output current step.
- Intelligent chopping control automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay).
- Maximum 45 V supply voltage.
- built-in voltage regulator (the need for any external logic supply voltage).
- Size: 1.5mmX2mm (same as 4988)
- Drive current: 2.5A
- Subdivision: 1,1 / 2,1 / 4,1 / 8,1 / 16,1 / 32
- Manufacturing process: SMT placement machine manufacturing, non-manual welding, higher yield, more stable performance.